It occurred to me the other day while I was sitting in traffic. I was surrounded by SUVs and minivans, headed for a major artery which leads out to the suburbs. Most people live a lie.
I am a person who lives alone. I have no children. I recycle. I drive a fuel-efficient subcompact. I pay property taxes at the same rate as everyone else. I keep up my property. I did not overmortgage myself. And I am gay.
The people around me appeared to be affluent suburbanites. They were driving wasteful cars. They were disobeying the lane markers. They were driving one to each huge vehicle. I would be willing to wager than many were overleveraged.
I am perceived by a majority of the public as deviant, unworthy of basic legal rights, a threat to children.
I would ask: Who are irresponsible to children? Who are irresponsible to the planet? Who are deviating from that which is right and just?
Popular Posts
-
Commitment is not complicated. Commitment to another person is being there for that person in mind, body and spirit, when being there for th...
-
sunday...day of whites and colors... fetch the straw basket out and sort. regular load? high water setting, yes. snap, twist, whoosh, clunk...
-
There is a recent idiotic mania in the USA. It entails watching/listening to stupid dribble on television/radio. When a celebrity makes a re...
-
It is important to study history. Without knowledge of history, a person is easily convinced that peace is impossible, or that peace is brou...
-
Overpopulation is the most critical environmental and ethical issue on the planet. It is also the most ignored. This is simple to explain. O...
-
I sold my dining room set. It was just too large for the enclosed porch which has become my dining room in my new place. I suddenly had the ...
-
Being absorbed with living without being absorbed with loving makes people act like solitary animals in the wild. Don't feed the bears, ...
-
the great lie pelted my roof ruptured clouds of dark soot banging to get my attention i cringe beneath the attack sweating from the humidity...
-
The keystone of any self-improvement is the relentless acceptance of personal responsibility for creating positive change in your life and y...
-
Ego can be a touchstone and a prison . While finding one's center involves a certain amount of devotion to self-discovery and understan...