Muscles

I was in a crawlspace today under my porch. I tried to avoid the simple chore that needed to be done because I am claustrophobic. I took it as a challenge and was able to get centered enough to attack it. The space is 24 inches high. The spiders seem to like it. In getting in and out of the crawlspace, I noticed I was using muscle groups in the center of my body which I never usually use. It was a painful realization. It made me think of a current exhibit here at the Museum of Science, which has on display flayed human bodies, preserved with plastic injections. As our cognitive skills become more central to our survival, it seems we must consciously practice at using our bodies' full potential. Facing health challenges makes this even more daunting. I am committed to using my body's potential as best as I can as part of my daily practice.