Resurrection


Throughout history, human beings have tried to formulate a visual model for life's big concepts. Usually, these models come to us as myths or stories, contrived from many different parallel and historic events.

The Christian resurrection myth (Easter) is one of these stories. The phoenix myth, which appears in several cultures, is another. The human mind is still trying to cope with an understanding of death's finality, as science narrows the probability of conscious, personality-based life after death.

As a person who accepts the finality of death, the eventual and inevitable end of my personal being, I tend to seek resurrection as a hopeful process in my ongoing life. I try new things. I attempt to make new friends. I tackle learning curves. I turn from the old to the new. I let go and reach out. These activities and choices inspire resurrection of my energy and spirit, so easily dulled by age and experience.

Time spent worrying about an afterlife seems wasted to me. There is so much to learn now. There are so many new lives to be had within this present life. Each moment is an opportunity to let the negative in us die. Each moment is an opportunity to live a new, more positive life. Perhaps this is a key element of all practice for personal evolution.